CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Battle Blogging

As I’m sure everyone is aware of, I’m a huge hip hop fan. I grew up on East Coast battle raps, where the aim was to make yourself look good, while making other rappers look bad. It wasn’t mean spirited, well, not most of the time, and it was all about being witty, intelligent and using that word play. I still to this day love this era of hip hop the best. I mean I can dig the gangsta stuff if it’s done well, and I don’t mind money talk if you are clever, but if you gave me a choice, I’d take a bragging battle rapper any day. Big Daddy Kane was my all time favorite, Rakim was dope, LL back in the day was the man.

Every now and then, I’ll hear a rapper with great punch lines that I wish I wrote. See, I used to rap back in the day. I think I was pretty good. Had a bunch of clever punch lines and was a beast at freestyling. But then I turned 27 and lost all my skills. I don’t write anymore and my freestyle skills are worse than Lil Wayne, and you know he just be making up words and stuff. Since I don’t have that hip hop creativity anymore I thought should do something else with it. I need an outlet for my competitive juices. You know what I should do?  I should start battle blogging!!!  Let me start taking out other bloggers!!! Yeah, that’ll work!!! 

Now, who wanna battle me?!? – (Yes, I know I’m silly)

6 comments:

Ladynay said...

Ummmm I'll spectate on this one

Jameil said...

I'LL BATTLE YOU, SON!! YOU ALREADY KNOW!!

pserendipity said...

Before I hit the comment button, I KNEW Jameil had answered the challenge. It's on!!

Nexgrl said...

Are you sure that you want to start another competition, while still working on the first one?

Trish said...

I will opt out of this bet. I'm glad you stopped rapping too. I hate when people in their 30s still think they wll come out with a major hit. Chances are if you're still rapping in your studio(basement) then there's no chance.

Nerd Girl said...

Mic check one two, one two...LOL! I'mma let you, Jameil and Pserendipity have it!