CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday

I love Wednesdays. Ever since I changed to a 4 day work week, I look forward to the middle of the week. I'm off on most weekends, but every Wednesday. It's the day that keeps me sane. There's nothing like working 2 days, and then getting a day off. I can leave work on Tuesday ready to snap, but then I have a day off to recharge. If I have stuff to do, I can take care of it on Wednesday. I'm not the type that's going to get up before work to handle business. And by the time I get off work, it's late at night, so I can't do anything. Wednesdays are perfect for me. I can get a haircut, go shopping, take care of whatever I have to.  If I have nothing to do, it's even better. Like today for instance. I had everything my heart could require already, so I didn't have to leave the house. Got my haircut last week, so no need for that. Went grocery shopping so I had food, so no trips to get fast food. All I had to do today was just watch movies, play some Wii, and play around on the computer. Oh and take a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day. That was awesome. The only bad thing about having Wednesdays off, is that I have to go back to work on Thursday. 

4 comments:

Jameil said...

i like when you're off wednesday and can squeeze a mini vacay by being off thurs/fri, too. so cool!

pserendipity said...

Your last sentence? Totally ungrateful since I'm jealous of your whole post. But so true. I miss when I lived in the real country where everything closed on Wednesdays at noon. Banks, schools, libraries, grocery stores. Bring back the good old days!

Trish said...

Wish I could get a four day work week! I'd more than likely waste them on errands like you said. One upon a time I loved Thursdays. But now I have a weekly mtg at work on Thursday so I don't like them as much any more.

Nexgrl said...

Having Wednesday off does seem like it would be a teaser.