CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cold

As much as I hate it, I think I'm getting used to the cold. It hasn't been over freezing since Thursday, except for like an hour where it was 32 degrees. Just last week I found myself getting cold all the time. I had to start wearing two pairs of socks and my gloves when I went to work. I'm sure I'll do that again when I go back tomorrow, but I've been desensitized. The ice and snow is still on the stairs, but it doesn't bother me as much as it did. I went to the grocery store today, and wasn't even cold walking in the parking lot.

Speaking of cold, I want to share a little anecdote with you. When Jameil was here last week, and we went out in the cold, she used to wonder why I never closed my coat. Like if I am as cold as I say I am, wouldn't it make sense to zip my coat? I didn't even think about it. I just told her that I never close my coat. Then the other day when it was bitterly cold, as I was walking from my office to the parking garage, I decided enough was enough. I need to zip this mug up. My coat, which I stole from my brother, because I didn't usually get cold enough to justify paying for a winter coat, has this crazy zipper that just doesn't want to zip up I swear I've zipped things up before, but I just couldn't do it with this coat. The darn thing wouldn't attach to the other darn thing. Can you tell I don't know what they are called? And that's when I remembered. It wasn't style or comfort, it was just plain ineptitude. I can't figure out how to zip up my zipper.  Good going, Rashan. Maybe I'll actually buy a coat... next year. This cold season is almost over.

3 comments:

Jameil said...

I had no idea you didn't own a coat and that the one you have in your possession was thieved! and that you don't know how to zip! *TEAR!* next time i see you, honey, i will teach you to zip. that is my gift to you. i want the cold to stop. 29 in florida for like the 4th or 5th day below freezing is beyond unacceptable.

SincerelyGo said...

I'll be glad when the winter is over here too. When the sun goes down it's cold as shyt out here in the desert.

Sincerely,

Go

Nexgrl said...

The best time to buy a winter coat is now, when they are on SALE.