CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Manners

I think I have pretty good manners. I say “may’ instead of “can”. I hold open doors for ladies. I say Thank you and please. I open Jameil’s car door (well, most of the time. I did forget once.) If a woman, or a baby, or a woman with a baby needs a seat, they can have mine. It’s not anything that I feel especially proud of. It’s just what you are supposed to do… Here’s why it came to mind. I work with some of the most ill mannered people in the world.
 
I was walking up to the building and this dude literally ran in front of a woman who I guess wasn’t moving fast enough for him as they were going up the stairs. He opened the door and didn’t even hold it for her. I was like “were you raised in a barn?” Then later I was in the cafeteria watching CNN and this girl was on her cell phone giving all the details of her secks life very loudly. She was in front of everybody, including older ladies, and management. It was ridiculous. But the epitome of rudeness comes from some of my coworkers comes when they are talking to people on the phone. There's no manners. It's all gimme instead of may I have, or yeah instead of yes. Or it's sir or ma'am, said in a way that actually means "bastard." It just gets on my nerves. I don't know why today it started bothering me enough to write about it, but it did, so I did.

4 comments:

Ginae said...

i can relate to this. i can't stand people that have no manners. i don't care who you are...

i won't be your friend or date you if you don't have manners. i get enough of people with no manners in everyday life that i'm forced to deal with at work, in the streets, etc.

Jameil said...

rude people are so annoying. this world does not belong solely to you. if you want to be rude, go be a hermit so only you are privvy to that behavior.

Ladynay said...

People can really suck sometimes.

LoVe.Peace.Curls. said...

It bothers you because you were raised properly enough to know better! Consider it a good thing! Where I live, there are a LOT of rude a** white people. Like more than enough to make you stop and notice, Geez, these people are rude as *bleep*! They'll bump you out of the way to get to where they're going. Men, especially, which baffles me. I think up north, that's more typical. The few times I've been down south, even the hood-est looking dudes held doors and were polite. Up here...uh uh lol