CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: 13 Crazy Car Issues I've Had

Day 5 of NaBloPoMo

Me and cars don’t get along. Same for the rest of the family. We call it the family curse. I actually drive a pretty old car right now because it’s been working for me better than some of my other cars. Sure I have some issues, but for the most part, nothing catastrophic has taken place. Anyway, here are 13 out of the ordinary problems I’ve had with my cars over the years. Some of the cars were new, some were old. Some problems minor, some problems were major. All of them are annoying.

01. Got a flat tire on the highway, put the spare on drove 50 feet and had a flat spare tire. That day sucked.

02. Lost a bag of ahem parsley ahem under the floorboards. Somehow it got under the carpet and I couldn’t find it for months. I drove around paranoid for awhile until I forgot about.

03. Had a leaky sunroof which made driving in the rain not so much fun.

04. Gear shift came off in my hand. I blame my ex girlfriend who I was trying to teach how to drive a stick. Probably wasn’t really her fault, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

05. Hit a bird on the way to work one day. It got caught in the grill and would not get out. I had a dead bird in the grill of my car for half a day. Went to lunch and it was gone without a trace. To this day I still don’t know what happened to the bird.

06. Left my car windows open one night in Savannah. The next day I was leaving Savannah State’s campus and saw something out the corner of my eye. It was a flying roach. It flew out the window. Then came another and another and another. It was like a flying roach parade out of my passenger side window.

07. My brother put some alleged gas additive in my car. Next thing I know, the car wouldn’t go over 50 MPH without seizing.

08. Raining in my car. There’s a seam or something between my windshield and the rubber siding that lets water come in.

09 Wires to my cd player coming loose and getting caught on top of the gas pedal making my car lurch forward at a red light.

10. Wires to my cd player coming loose and getting caught under the brake pedal and making it difficult to stop.

11. Interior lights inexplicably turning on in the middle of the night. Then the battery being drained two days in a row.

12. Headlights flickering while driving. This time it was a fuse, but I didn’t even realize I had no lights until a Chatham County Brownie (what we used to call the county police dept back in the day) stopped me.

13. Brakes went out on White Bluff and I smashed into the back of another car. Took the car to the shop and they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. 3 months later, it happened again, but I was able to get the car in gear before I got killed.

10 comments:

Jameil said...

ummmm.... i really need you not to pass this curse on to your kids b/c ALL of them are crazy!! esp. the roach parade & the double flats... wow...

CoolThought said...

LOL! It was like a flying roach parade out of my passenger side window. Only in Savannah. You slay me.

I thought only NY had huge, smart rats, but in FL parking your car outside is like a vermin buffet. After a heavy repair bill, I learned that rats, squirrel etc... like to bite through the wires near the engine and sprinkling cayenne powder wards them off.

I am now owner of the largest bottle of cayenne powder ever made and a clean garage fit for parking. I can't make-up this stuff. FL sucks worst than Savannah.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

One flying roach being in the same small space that I am would have given me a heart attack let alone, two or three!!!

::shudders @ the thought::

I totally agree with you ---> you and cars REALLY don't get along!!

LoVe.Peace.Curls. said...

A couple weeks ago, I was sitting at a red light, texting (only at red lights!) and when I looked up, there was some sort of hybrid between a dragonfly and a spider on my windshield. I hop out of the car, and of course thats when the light decides to turn green. So the Stepford wife behind me starts honking her horn, and as I turned to pop my neck and throw some expletives at her...I realized the creature was on the outside of my car, not inside. Lol. Yeah...

Nexgrl said...

Since your latest car has been good to you, have you in turn been good to the car? Do you, never speak bad about it? Do you thank the car each time your arrive at your destination safe and sound?

Adei von K said...

"It was like a flying roach parade out of my passenger side window."


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am DYING over here!! i am trying to imagine the 1st one catching your eye in the rearview mirror and then all the homies come out!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

roach parade!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Wow....yea i'd just stick to public transit...I'd like to think the curse wouldn't follow you there

Rashan Jamal said...

@ everyone - I obviously should have made the flying roach parade the climactic one. LOL

I sprayed an entire can of raid in the whip and didn't drive for 2 days. When I got back in the car, I didn't see any dead flying roaches, but there some dead spiders under the seats. I never left my windows open again overnight,

Trish said...

I've had some crazy car experience too. To date, I've had about 7 cars but the worse one was this Dodge I had. It wouldn't reverse so whenever I'd do out I'd try parking so I could pull right out. Well my friends and I went to this store that the parking lot was set up so I had to pull in. I made them all push me out of the spot, I was so embarassed but had to be done.

Ginae said...

those were the craziest car experiences ever! once when in highschool my mom's car horn would just randomly go off when it felt like it. talk about embarrassment. folks thought we were just blowing at them "just cause"...

once in my college years my car caught on fire while driving down the street. i didn't even know it until i looked in my rear view mirror and saw nothing but smoke. i pulled over, got out, and watched it slowly burn to a crisp. and people had the nerve to honk, keep on driving and go around like I was annoying them because my car was on fire. for real? hmph! folks just mean and non caring i tell ya.