CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Rashan, The Surprise Ruiner!

Rashan, The Surprise Ruiner
Scene: Gainesvile, Florida
Time 11/03/2009 – 12:53 PM

Jameil left her computer at home for me while she went to lunch with one of her professors. She called and asked me to look something up on her computer. As I closed her Firefox, and went to pull up Safari (so we wouldn’t have to keep signing each other in and out of blogger, facebook, twitter, email, etc…), I saw a notepad open on her computer. I didn’t mean to look, but it was right there. I was still on the phone with her and since I have no kind of filter with her, I said the first thing that crossed my mind.

“I think I saw something I was not supposed to see.”

Oops, why did I say that? I should have just kept it in and pretended to be surprised. But the cat was out of the bag. Luckily she had to go, so it would give me some time to come up with a cover story. Unfortunately, at around 2:00, all hopes for that cover story went out the door. There was knock on the door.

“Package for Jameil.”

I signed for it, and saw who it was from. Immediately I knew what it was. It was my birthday gift. There was no pretending I didn't see it, since I actually signed for it. She got me an ipod to replace the one that I lost. I didn’t mean to ruin the surprise, but I’m so glad that I did. I got my birthday gift 3 weeks early! Sorry, but not really sorry!

9 comments:

Nexgrl said...

Did she let you open it, or do you have to wait until your actual B-day?

Rashan Jamal said...

Nope, I got it with me right now!!!

Aretha said...

One time for an early gift! Happy early bday.

Jameil said...

Lol @ sorry but not sorry. What kind of wack apology is that!?

nexgrl... i don't believe in waiting!! not for me & not for anyone else!

Adei von K said...

y'all are peas in a pod! I would've made you wait 3 weeks!!

Jazzy said...

lol...totally agree with Adei - "peas in a pod"!!!

12kyle said...

I'm with you, fam. I hate surprises

Nspired said...

Awwww, that was sweet of her. Lucky Guy. She's a keeper.

Rashan Jamal said...

@ Aretha - you wanna get me a birthday gift? start posting again!

@ Jameil - It's a not an apology. Thanks for the iPod!

@ Adei - yeah, I'm sure if I had other music in my car, I would have waited, but I needed the iPod for the ride home.

@ Diva - whatever do you mean? LOL

@ 12Kyle - I was the kid looking for his christmas gifts. this one was an accident.

@ Nspired - yep, I'm gonna keep her.