CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hunger

For most of my life, I've not really experienced hunger. I usually go from full to starving. That level of being hungry usually escapes me. As a result, I typically don't eat breakfast, don't each lunch, but eat a big dinner. I know what you are going to say. That's not good. It's bad for my metabolism, bad for me. I know you were going to say that because people have been telling me that for years. Girlfriends have tried to break me out of this one time a day eating thing without much success. Jameil has been trying to change that since the beginning of our relationship to no avail. I just don't get hungry and when I'm not hungry I don't eat. It's not something I do intentionally. It just works out that way.

Fast forward to this week. Yo, I've been hungry way more often this week than usual. In the middle of the day, I've been wanting to eat. I hate eating at work because it gives me the itis, but not this week. I ate lunch 3 out the 4 days I worked this week. And Saturday, I ate 3 times. That's virtually unheard of unless someone is cooking for me. Right now, I'm hungry, but I don't have anything to eat, and I can't leave until the Falcon's game is over. I don't know if I like this new trend. It's going to seriously impact my grocery store budget. If I'm going to eat more often I need to make sure that doesn't make me go get fast food all the time. But if it makes me healthier I'm good with that. And as an added bonus, maybe one day soon Jameil will get to stop asking "what did you eat today?"

6 comments:

Patti said...

It might be a man thing. My husband can eat 1 big meal a day. It drives me crazy!

LoVe.Peace.Curls. said...

I do the same, but I've been trying to break that habit. I just usually have no appetite until around 4 or 5-ish, and even then that's when I'm in class or at work so I pig out when I get home. It's awful...but I'm workin on it!

Jameil said...

I will only stop asking that if it continues! :) Keep up the good work, stomach! Don't let Rashan derail you!!

SincerelyGo said...

You eat like the Cali girls...LOL one meal..which is like cottage cheese and a peach lmao! J/K

Well that's good Rah. You are working on your diet! Soon you say...when you say soon...exactly how soon is soon? I can't get off until AFTER MAY Jameil..so u know when your planning and stuff..LOL

Sincerely,

Go

Jazzy said...

you're such an abby normal kinda guy! lol

I like the new trend...join the majority and eat at least two meals a day on a consistent basis.

Rashan Jamal said...

@ Patti - I don't know if its a man thing, but its def. a me thing.

@ Pacino - I'm not even working it, it's working on me though.

@ Jameil - don't be addressing my stomach on my blog!! Talk to me!

@ Go - not at all, I be having big meals.

@ Diva - I'm still doing 2. I'm sure during vacation next week I'll have a few 3 meal days.