CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Phone Call

Day 7 of NaBloPoMo

My sister texted me to remind me that it was my nephew/brother Nate's birthday the other day. So, I called him to wish him a happy one... The call went something like this.

Me: Hey, Can I speak to Nate...

Nikki: Yeah, hold on!

Nate (in the background): Why does everybody keep calling me?

Nikki: Because they want to tell you Happy Birthday.

Nate: Hi, Uncle Rashan.

Me: Happy Birthday, Nate!

Nate: You should get me a gift!

Me: Really? What do you want?

Nate: A car. I want a Mustang.

Me: You mean like a toy car, right?

Nate: Yes, Uncle Rashan.. Okay, I'm losing contact..

Me: Huh?

Nate: I'm losing contact. Call back later! *click*

Me: Did this little bas kid just hang up on me?

Yes, he did. Ol 9 year old jerk!!!

6 comments:

Jazzy said...

lmao!

look...just make sure you get his car. that should put you back into the "cool uncle" category.

Ginae said...

hmm..sounds like somebody might be taking after their uncle...i'm just saying...lol

SincerelyGo said...

I agree with Ginae!

Sincerely,

Go

Desy said...

hahahaha! he straight pulled the 'breakin up' excuse. wow!

Nexgrl said...

All of those birthday greeting phone calls were obviously interrupting his day!

Rashan Jamal said...

@ Diva - yeah, he got enough cars. Forget that dude. LOL

@ Ginae - nah, I wouldn't have answered the phone in the first place.

@ Go - What kind of guy do you think I am? LOL

@ Desy - yeah, he was going through a tunnel.

@ Nexgrl - I agree. I think those calls seemed so forced. Like I have to call you on that day, but I have nothing more to say to you.