CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

I'll Take Things Black People Don't Do For $800, Alex!

Saturday, as soon as I touched down in Gainesville, Jameil took me to a party that was being held by one of her classmates. It was supposed to be a vegetarian barbecue and home beer brewing party. That's right, one of her classmates likes to brew his own beer. Let me just say upfront, it was a good time. It's just that's some stuff that black people don't do. It was different, that's all. Let us continue in the form of pictures, which will not be in the order I want them to be b/c Macs are stupid or I'm stupid. One way or the other, I cant figure these pics out and Jameil is sleeping right now. Anyway, there's me smelling hops and posing with Jameil. And the rest of the pics are of the beer making process which apparently takes months. I know I don't have the patience for that. I'll just go to the citgo and get me a 6 pack of Yuengling. Enjoy!






  

12 comments:

LoVe.Peace.Curls. said...

Eww, what is he pouring in there?? I'm not a beer drinker...at all lol.

Lol @ vegetarian barbecue. That's a new term for me! How'd that work out?

Jazzy said...

Why is that font so darn little?

*going back to read...and trying not to squint*

Jazzy said...

Ok...so the re-loading of the page made the font better.

vegetarian bbq and homemade beer...yeah buddy.

i don't do beer at all...but i think i would have to drink the beer to keep from complaining about not getting any meet...AT A BBQ! lol

Jameil said...

the sticky stuff is malt. that was def. fun and i'll drink people's home brews... i don't know that i want to make it tho.

Ladynay said...

Never had homemade beer. But if it's anything like homemade moonshine I bet yall was F'ed up!

I am digging the experiences of new and different things! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Did ya'll play beer pong? That is definitely a party favorite that skips the hood parties.

Nexgrl said...

In my kneck of the woods, black people do have Vegan BBQs. I don't know about brewing their own beer.

Not so Anonymous said...

what was floating on top of the beer in the jug? yeast? The party, minus anything vegitarian, sounds fun!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

My boss's husband brews beer in his down time....Foreign concept to me...who has that kind of time. But I do love a good beer. Looks like it was fun...but what do you eat @ a vegetarian BBQ?

Adei von K said...

yeah, I wanted to say something like that on FB but all her white friends on tagged.

Stuff White People Do

Trish said...

I think it is cool that you guys are willing to step out the box and hang with different people and try new things! I'm not a beer fan and had no idea that's how long it took to make it, no wonder it smells!

Lawrence said...

Thanks for this article, really worthwhile material.
find zip code | travel packing list | first time home buyer