CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Birthday Boring

I’ve become birthday boring. I have less than 10 days to the blessed event and to be honest, I don’t really care. I was way more excited with a month to go than I am now. I don’t have any set in stone plans, and I am not actively seeking any. It’s a big one, you only turn 35 once, right? So, why don’t I really care if I stay at home and do nothing. I had grandiose plans of having a big time party. One where I would invite my co workers, my associates, and any bloggers that happened to be in the area. I was going to be mad liquored up, drunk dancing, picture taking, maybe even stripper tipping. But now, ehhh?

I get like this every year as my birthday approaches. It’s not like I’m depressed, its just a sense of apathy takes over. In my mind I think, my birthday is so close to Thanksgiving, that everybody will be with their families. Or if they aren’t do I really want to hang out with them? And if I do, then what do I do? Go to a club? Nah, I’m not a clubbing type. I already got my club quota out of my system on New Years. Do I have a house party? Nah, I don’t want all them people up in my space. There are very few people that actually know where I live and I’d like to keep it that way. Go on a trip? Yeah, that sounds good, but I’m going to have to be in Savannah at least the day after anyway, so that’s out.

So, then what? I guess I’ll just be birthday boring. No need for parties, or revelry. Just me and the people that I’m close to and I’ll be fine. It’s not most people’s ideal birthday, but it works for me. I’m already one up on the last 5 years since I already have a birthday gift. I don’t need much more. Well, maybe just a drink or three.

7 comments:

Adei von K said...

awwww, poor Rah Jigga. I'm sure jameilionte will make it fun for you, you know we do birthdays for fun!

so no strip club, either?

Jazzy said...

staying out of the scrip club is probably a good thing!

but you should still get out and do something...or stay in and do something. don't treat it like it's just any other kind of day!

Jameil said...

:( that sounds so sad! :( i will definitely make it fun for you!!

Ladynay said...

The great thing about it being YOUR birthday is that YOU determine what YOU want to do. If chillin' with a few loved ones is what you want then by all means work that out.

LoVe.Peace.Curls. said...

I just turned 21 in July... my birthday week consisted of my boyfriend visiting from Iowa, one of his wrestling tournaments at the Ohio State Fair, a CSI marathon, shopping, movie nights, and a trip home to see my family...
simple, but made extraordinarily fun since it was with him... (I was told my birthday sounded boring since I didn't get wasted lol)...

Nexgrl said...

I've spent plenty of b-days doing absolutely NOTHING. This year, I spent it painting my fireplace.

Rashan Jamal said...

@ Stace - no strip club for me. I'm sure i'll have fun whatever I do.

@ Diva - Yeah, people be getting arrested and killed in ATL strip clubs.

@ Jameil - thanks babe.

@ Ladynay - thanks for the permission!

@ Pretty Pacino - seeing your long distance singificant other sounded okay to me.

@ Nexgrl - wow, that's exciting.