CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 4, 2011

If I Disappeared...

I watch a lot of true crime shows. You know things like Snapped, Forensic Files, I (Almost) Got Away With It. Something about these shows just, well, crazy as it sounds, helps me go to sleep. I know murder shouldn't serve as Lunesta, but it does for me. Anyway, one of my current favorite crime shows is called "Disappeared." This tells the stories of missing persons, and the investigations into their disappearances. The show gets on my nerves b/c it usually doesn't have a resolution, but I still enjoy it. One of the things that amuses me, is the descriptions of the missing people. They are always so nice and sweet. "Janey wouldn't run away. She loves her kids too much to leave them'. Or "I knew Robert was in trouble because he didn't show up to work." But I know that ain't the real. Not everyone that disappears are good people. At least one of them is a horrible jerk that nobody cares about. That got me thinking. What would people say about me if I suddenly "Disappeared?"

Commercial for "Rashan Jamal's Disappeared Episode"

Narrator: On a cool Spring day, 36 year old Rashan Jamal vanished into thin air. This is the story of the days leading up to his disappearance....

"We called and called, but he didn't answer. Of course he never answers, so we didn't realize anything was wrong."

"When he didn't show up for work, I wasn't worried. Heck, you know how many times he No Call No Showed when he was working at the bank?"

 Narrator: Police looked to friends for help on Rashan's whereabouts:

"Rashan ain't got no friends! Who exactly are you talking to?

Narrator: Did Rashan just up and leave or was it something more sinister?

"Rashan always did like to wander. You should see him in the car. He'll just keep driving until he recognizes something. Drives.. Me.. Crazy!"

"He always told me that if he got murdered, to tell the police that Veronica did it"


Narrator: Family is stunned when a vital clue changes the whole course of the investigation:

"When they found his iPod in the woods I really got worried. He didn't go anywhere without his 90s hip hop playlist and he most certainly don't go in the woods.  Something must have happened to him"

Narrator: Can Investigators find Rashan before it's too late...

"Rashan really got a smart mouth.. I'm not saying someone should have killed him, but if you ask me can i see someone doing it? I'd have to say yes...He really is a jerk sometimes...

On the next Disappeared: Monday at 9 EST only on Investigation Discovery...

9 comments:

laughing808 said...

LMAO.......what an imagination!

Jazzy said...

LOL...I love those shows. I was watching snapped yesterday. Diesen Hosencoft's wife Girly Choo (sp...and who could forget those names?!) didn't call her friend one night/didn't show up for work the next morning and the police was called. Had me thinking...that's it?? And they call the police??? o_O

I can't even imagine what would make anyone report me missing...I frequently go missing on purpose.

Jameil said...

Now you know if I didn't hear from you for one day I would call! The worst thing about these shows is that now they make ME fall asleep too!

Naima said...

LMAO!!! And I'd watch that episode too!!

12kyle said...

LAMO!!!! Youz a fool!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Too funny! I can't even think of what to comment it's just so funny!

You should be a writer on a TV show...

Trish said...

Lol! I've never heard of this show but watching unsolved mysteries tick me off, I like knowing the final result to cases.

I talk to my sister every day. Although we're in different parts of the country, if she didn't hear from me one day, I'm almost certain she'd report me missing.

Welcome Back!!!!

SincerelyGo said...

Snapped, sorry. Lol

dejanae said...

smh
ur too damn much
glad ur back homeskillet biscuit